1. Fiction film by Pehli Nazar Main Piaar Ho Gai in the mast of Ram Gopal Varma.
2. The Solitude of Munna (Aamir Khan) in Rangel Ram Gopal Varma.
3. Lucky Ali in the Trikala of Shyama Benegal.
4. Nikhil Bhagat in Trikala Shyama Benegal and Tamash Imtiaz Ali
5. The statue of Gabbar Singh is projected on the face of the villain in the Hun Na Farah Khan Main.
6. Talk about toilets in Shimit Amin’s Rocket Singh: Seller of the Year and son of Kapoor and Shakun Batra (from 1921).
7. In the film of Mira Nair Tamzeke the newly married Ashima (Taboo) finds warmth in the presence of her husband Ashoka (Irfan). After Ashok’s death, the film returns to an earlier stage, but this time Ashok is left out in the cold. Ashoka’s gone. There’s no more heat.
8. Seven islands of Bombay in the velvet of Bombay Anurag Kashyapa.
9. The German language: Lauren (Mehdi Neboo) and Shashi (Shridevi) from Gauri Shinde.
10. In two films Ashutosh Govariker depicts scenes of sexual tension – a doti scene in Svoiye and a swordfighting scene in Yodhaa Akbar.
11. Sahib Yaan (Mina Kumari) in a diagonal pose in Kamal Amrohi’s bag.
12. Nandini (Aishwarya Paradise) cut her hands twice at Hum Dil of Chuk Sanam Sanjaya Lila Bhansali.
13. A fan hanging from a fan wire in Manichesh Sharma Fan.
14. Reflections in Gunjan Saxony Shran Sharma: Cargil’s girlfriend.
15. Window scenes in Imtiaz Ali’s films.
16. I also made a little Twitter thread about Romeo and Juliet in the work of Imtiaz Ali.
Soha Na Ta
Dear Kai Kal (2009)
Dear Kai Kal (2009)
Dear Aaj Kal (2020)
Jab Harry has met Sedjal.
17. In Chance’s film Zoe Akhtar Luck, Nikki Walia (Isha Sharvani) is an insider and Sona Mishra (Sensharma Concon) an outsider – two brilliant parrots are facing each other on the table. But only insiders can wear a shiny dress in real life. There is Vikram Jasingh (Farhan Akhtar), another bird trying to find a place in the industry. If he succeeds, the birds on his shirt will fly away. The film is full of these gems. You can find the details here.
18. Ram Gopal Varma Rangela ended twenty-five years ago. I took some of my favorite pictures.
18. Dil Chakhta Hai Farhan Akhtar has also been at it for nineteen years. Every year I try to write something about a movie. But I didn’t do it this time. I just posted a couple of tweets. I hope that one day I will have the courage and honesty to write about why this film will always be special to me.
[For more on the author’s work, see his blog]